3/3/2011 3 Months Week 2
Good afternoon, all.
Things have really started to get busy lately! Dawson is even more alert and social. He can focus much better, and smiles all the time! He loves toys that interact with him. He has a little puppy that sings and teaches him his body parts, colors, etc. I also talk to him all the time. I think of it like introducing an alien to "Earthly traditions." He was really interested in the basketball game David was watching last week so I sat down and explained the rules and why they were running back and forth. He looks like he's trying to get it all sorted out.
Dawson's hair is getting lighter. We had pictures made last week, and his hair looks mighty red! Lucky enough for me, he's a sweetheart and doesn't really cry much so I can only assume that he is going to have his father's temperment.
We have been documenting a lot of his activity via video in order to make a very special gift not only for us, but for Dawson's grandparents and great-grandparents. He's growing so fast and catching on so quickly. My little boy is going to be 1 before I know it!
We are going this weekend to find him some sort of jumper. He is so interested in playing, but he doesn't want to sit down he wants to stand up. He does a really good job of supporting his weight with his legs. He can also hold up his head pretty good. I give it another month, and he will be good with that. He can grasp his rattles, but his gross motor movement still needs some development. I have to make sure he doesn't knock himself in the head when he's playing with his rattles. I've been trying to find soft ones, but I can't find them anywhere!
Bathtime is still his favorite time of the day. He knows when it's getting close because he gets restless. He cheeses when he gets in the whale tub. He is just adorable. I cannot wait for Dara and Mere to meet him!!! I'm still working on dates, guys. I miss you two sooo much!!!!
On my personal progress, as of today I have lost about 44 pounds! Yay! It probably doesn't look like a big change considering that's from the height of my pregnancy, but I am smaller now than I was before I got pregnant, so I'm excited about that. My weight loss progress hasn't been hindered. I have a very positive outlook and a goal to get to. I want to be healthier, and I want to be able to keep up with Dawson when he gets into a mobile/energized stage of life. I also don't want to go through pregnancy overweight again. It wasn't bad, but it could always be better!
My big ah ha moment was getting into jeans I bought a couple of years ago and have never been able to wear. I still have one more pair to get into, but I'm not too far off. David has been very encouraging, and I can tell a big difference in my energy level. Dawson loves to watch mommy play Zumba on the wii because of all of the colors and music. The added bonus is watching mommy try to get in rhythm with the game! It's a lot of fun, and 20 minutes of that goes a long way.
Have a great day guys!!
Love,
Lori
3:49 PM
|
Labels:
Three Months
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment