3/9/11 3 Months 3 Weeks




Dawson's developmental update:
By now your baby has gone from being a passive observer of the world to being – or at least wanting to be – an active participant. Some babies this age even like trying to "stand." If your baby seems to want to stand up while being held securely on your lap, it means those little leg muscles are probably sturdy enough to explore this new sensation.

I can honestly say that finally everyone has gotten into the hang of Dawson's routine. We have a bedtime schedule for him for a reason, and although it took a little while for everyone to get accustomed to them I'm thankful they have. It helps Dawson to understand when bedtime is. I do have to admit last night he was a bundle of energy at bedtime, though. I have the feeling that he's not getting enough one on one time with me. Last week I had to work late due to closing, and this week has been really busy. I miss spending time with my little man!

He is getting a lot of daddy time this week. David is on break from school for Mardi Gras. David tells me that Dawson gets antsy when it's time for me to come home. It makes me feel better, anyway. I have to say there is simply nothing that brightens my day more than that little boy's smile. He has the light of the world in his smile. It makes any bad day so much better.

There has been a lot going on with both of our families lately, and I'm just thankful that David and I have been able to remain grounded through it all. I owe that to lots of prayer and diligence I suppose.

This weekend we are traveling to Lafayette to watch David's high school play in the Top 28 (Pending their win on Thursday). We have reserved a hotel room, so even if they lose we are going to take a weekend trip. It will be our first with Dawson, so wish us luck! Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Dawson is growing up so fast. He loves to play, and is a very social baby. He "talks" to us and laughs. I'm glad he's such a happy baby. I got him the first level of My Baby Can Read, and so far he seems to like it ok. It just teaches a few basic words. I'll be excited to see when he begins to recognize the words.

We have been working on tummy time with Dawson, but he seems to not enjoy it a whole lot. I sit with him and play with him in order to get him to try to tolerate it. He is making progress, but it certainly doesn't top bath time. I have videos that I can't wait to show you guys!

I hope all of you have a great week!

Love,

Lori

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers