Week 17 - 161 Days to go!




Good Morning!

Here is our weekly update for Taddy:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Only one more post before our Taddy receives a name! (Possibly) I really hope that we are able to find out what our little one is next week, but if not we will wait as long as it takes. Things like this take time, and lots of it. The thought of us possibly finding out the gender of the baby has my head absolutely spinning. One more week? Wow... Time sure has flown by! I received a cute diaper cake from my co-workers today, along with a pair of LSU and Louisiana Tech booties! They are adorable. I'm the first woman to be pregnant here in about two decades! I think they are just a little bit excited. Everytime someone gives me something or says something related to the baby, sometimes I still have to remind myself that I am carrying my first child. It sounds crazy, but this is a whole new experience for me. I'm very blessed, and I hope for the very best for our little one.

So for the next week I will TRY to not think about finding out what the baby is, but I know David and I will be positively BEAMING with joy and excitement if we are able to find out what we're having. Until the party, I will not reveal a thing. :-) I'll try not to, anyway!

Have a wonderful week and a fabulous 4th of July!

Love,

Mrs. S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers