Weddings, Birthdays, & Parties!

This weekend seems like it is fun filled and action packed! Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to attend all of the events we have been invited to. Friday night, I will be baking cupcakes. I have been invited to a bachelorette party, but I feel like it would be weird for me. I’m preggers and these young ladies will be partaking of beverages, smoking, and there’s going to be stripping going on. In my current state, nothing sounds better than a warm bubble bath, and enjoying my night off. I love the girl that is getting married, and I think she will have a blast! I’m going to do my best to attend the wedding. Best wishes, Polly! Saturday morning one of my friends from high school is getting married. Yay, Trey! Saturday afternoon I plan on visiting with Matt. He will be turning a whopping 28 on Monday! I’m bringing the cupcakes over for them to try out. I hope they turn out well! Sunday, church and then off to A-town! I know it sounds like a lot, and I hope I’m up for all of it!

The past couple of days I have been struggling and praying, A LOT. Apparently, as a new mother, I am clueless when it comes to pregnancy and babies. It doesn’t matter that I’m 26, dependable, and responsible. It doesn’t matter that I have experience with babies and children of many ages. It doesn’t matter that I am an educated and intelligent woman. The people giving me advice are the ones that probably shouldn’t be, and the people who really know me are being respectful. Go figure. I do realize there are many things about pregnancy and motherhood that I do not know. I’m not going to pretend to be perfect. There is also a point when people should realize that just as each and every child is different, so is every woman, and so is her pregnancy. What may be the case with someone else may not be the case with me. I am trusting in my instincts, trained board certified medical doctors, and God to let me know what I should and shouldn’t do.

I don’t mean to be pessimistic about this, but at some point something has to give. David and I, as a married couple, weighed our options, and decided to plan to start our family. We have both been through many life lessons as young adults. We understand the sacrifices that need to be made in order to provide the best care for our child. We realize there will be sleepless nights, early feedings, and times when our baby just isn’t happy. We are ready and willing to completely turn our lives over to the mercy of our child. We have thought this through, I promise! If someone thinks being a parent is easy, they’re wrong. I’m not yet a parent, and yet I already understand that simple fact.

On a lighter note, I would like to say thank you to all of my family and friends who seem to know all the right things to say. I trust your judgment more than you may think. I am so blessed to have a grand group of individuals behind me!

On Monday, I began aerobics once again with some of the ladies at work. I am a little slower this go round, but that’s because I’ve paced myself. The aerobics we do are low impact and pregnancy friendly. It may take me longer to build up to where I was, but I’m not really concerned with that. I’m just happy to include more exercise in my daily routine. The ladies at work may have one up on me now, but I have the best reason in the world for holding back.
I hope all of you enjoy the rest of the week. I’m going to try to accomplish all my plans for the week and this weekend. I’ll let you know how far I get. I am getting more and more antsy as my next doctor’s appointment gets closer.

God Bless,

Mrs. S.

3 comments:

Dean Family said...

Does this mean you're coming to Emma's Birthday Party??? I hope so...miss y'all!

Mrs. S said...

I'm sorry Mere, I meant to specify that's why we are planning on traveling to A-town. We will see you then!

Dean Family said...

Yay, Emma will be so excited...text if you get lost, but your GPS should find it pretty easily.

Post a Comment

Followers