6/30/2011 7 Months Week 2
Dawson's developmental update:
Your baby is learning to recognize emotions and moods, and finding new ways to demonstrate those feelings. One wonderful example: You might start getting kisses. They may be drooly and gummy at first, but they'll be just as sweet! When your baby's bored, you may hear a fretful squawk or an attention-getting squeal.
Dawson is going through a growth spurt right now. He's kind of fussy, and always wants to be with his Momma. He now has two teeth, also! This may also be a portion of the source of his unhappiness at times. Through all of this he is still as sweet as can be. I now make a fool of my self on regular occassions just to see him smile or laugh. Yesterday I was hiding behind our kitchen cabinets and jumping out doing a dance that I hope resembled something from the disco era. He would jump and squeel with delight.
On Saturday, David took me, Dawson, and my in-laws to Ruston for the Peach Festival. We met up with Chris Medley, one of my good friends from the good ole Tech days. We walked around Ruston, and had lunch together. It was really nice. For my birthday present my wonderful husband took me shopping at the Beehive!! LOVE that store! It was Mrs. Ann's (David's mom) first time there. She really enjoyed it. I was a woman on a mission, and sadly I didn't find everything I was looking for, but I still got some nice things. I've had lots of compliments on them so far.
After leaving the Peach Festival we traveled to Lilly, LA. We went to visit David's Great Great Aunt and Uncle Thurman. It was a pleasure to meet them and to be able to spend time with them. They really enjoyed getting to meet Dawson. :-) David's aunt gave me the best compliment any mother could hope for. Right before we left she said, "I can tell that you're a good mother." At that point in the day, she made my day! I say this because when we got in the car to come home Dawson gave me the best birthday present any mother could EVER want from a 7 month old. He said, "Ma - Ma!"
Do you know how excited I was?!??!? I was stunned at first, and then I got sooo excited. He didn't understand why I was so happy, because he wanted his bottle!! Every since then I've tried to get him to say it again, but he just grins from ear to ear and then laughs, as if to say, "I can, but I'm not going to!"
I have to admit that my 28th birthday was one for the record books. Many of my friends, family, and co-workers really pitched in to make my day memorable. Just being able to spend the afternoon with David and Dawson was simply amazing. We made a pallette on the floor in the living room, and we all took a nap together. Dawson really got a kick out of that. I think he thinks we're nuts from time to time, but he laughs anyway.
I hope all of you have a happy 4th and be safe! I'll try to post some new pictures soon!
God Bless.
8:12 AM
|
Labels:
7 Months,
Dawson says Mama
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment