5/17/11 5 Months 4 Weeks
Dawson's update:
Your baby's development is now working in your favor. When he's fussy, he's increasingly distractable. Your baby is intensely interested in the world around him, and his rapidly evolving brain zeroes in on things that are new and different. So when your baby is a little cranky, use his growing interest in novelty to your advantage by making a funny noise, singing a song, gently banging a pot – any change from the norm may snap him out of his grumpy mood.
That's absolutely correct. Dawson will start to fuss and you can whistle or make a funny sound and he snaps out of it. He's starting to develop more and more independence at almost 6 months of age! It's unbelievable. He attempts to put his pacifier back in his mouth and if Momma tries to help him sometimes he gets aggravated. It begins, already! I hope he does become an independent person, but I also hope he doesn't become a stubborn as his mother. :-)
This past week we took a trip to Alexandria. We went to Boise's Family Fun day, and then went to visit the Dean family! It was our first visit to their new home, and we had a wonderful time. David and I were both exhausted so I'm not sure we were the best company, but hopefully on our trip next weekend we will be more refreshed. :-) Thank you guys for having us. We really enjoyed getting to visit. It even made us want to move closer to you guys! I'll be glad when David is finished with school and we can start the next chapter of our lives. I'll be glad when I'm through with my Master's Program, also.
Today I feel as if I'm being tested. This morning started off a bit shaky. After trying to communicate fairness and diplomacy in the best way I knew how, I'm still not sure I was successful. I still have those moments of need for justification for my feelings. I'm trying to let go of them, but it's difficult. I know that no matter what happens God has my back. There is no need for me to justify my feelings. I know that in situations where I feel wronged that I simply have to let those feelings go. It's an innate human response. It's kind of hard to disengage from it. I know I can do better, and I will. It's those times when you really find out what you're made of. There is always going to be someone who makes you feel that way. The trick is, how are you going to respond? But hey, tomorrow is a new day, and Lord willing I'll get a second chance to do better. :-)
I hope all of you have a great week, and remember those families who have suffered from the flooding from the mighty Mississippi in your prayers.
God Bless,
Lori
12:42 PM
|
Labels:
5 Months
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment