5/11/11 5 Months 3 Weeks
Dawson's weekly update:
You've got to hand it to your baby – his hand control is definitely improving. You may see him rake objects toward himself and try to pick them up. Most 5-month-olds grasp an object for just a short while and then drop it. Yours will spend a long time doing this over and over if you play along by picking up the objects and handing them back. Your indulging him in this game is also teaching a basic lesson in cause-and-effect – one he'll learn well, to uproarious giggles, before long.
Dawson is really good at grasping things, and I'm trying to teach him to reach for objects and David or me. He is now pushing himself around in his walker. I tear up thinking about it, but he's growing up really fast. David and I can hold his hands and he takes steps on his own to get to a toy or his Papaw. :-) He also recently found his feet! He looks like a rolie polie on the floor rolling around holding onto his feet. He first noticed them when I put some pajamas on him that had faces/heads of puppies on his feet. He thought that was pretty neat.
This past week Dawson was diagnosed with pneumonia. We knew he was sick, but we didn't have any idea it was that serious. Luckily, we brought him to the doctor when it was just beginning to develop so it was not effecting his breathing. If it had been develped further he probably would have had to stay in the hospital. :-( I'm really glad we did decide to take him to the doctor. Dr. Cockrell (our Pediatrician, Dr. Cush-John only works three days a week) was amazed that we caught it as early as we did. I'm really glad their practice is open 7 days a week! They gave Dawson a shot of antibiotics and a round of them to take until Friday. He's been getting better, but I know it's going to be a while before he's 100 percent better. If you didn't know Dawson you wouldn't know he was sick.
Aside from that, he's growing like a weed. Currently his favorite baby food is sweet potatoes. I fed him carrots last night, and I think he was expecting sweet potatoes. By the look on his face he wasn't all that excited, but he ate them. :-)
My first Mother's Day was wonderful, aside from Dawson being sick. We stayed at home, David made breakfast and grilled a wonderful dinner. I did make a key lime pie for dessert. It's David's favorite. He was such a wonderful helper at Boise's Family Day on Saturday. We were there from 9am-5pm. I helped organize the function, and I really needed to be there, otherwise I would have stayed home with our little man. Mom was amazed because she said to her he seemed fine. It's funny how Mother's have instinct about their children. I would rather have peace of mind than risk the health of my son. He has had some issues with allergies, but I didn't worry too much. I'm sure he will grow out of that. This time I knew it was something more serious.
For Mother's Day I made a video with pictures that told a story of Dawson from birth to 5 months. In the video I had quotes about Mothers, and it turned out really cute!! My first video attempt wasn't half bad. I know it will be something they can keep for forever. I also gave one to David's Grandmother. I plan to send one to mine, but I ran out of copies! I have to make some more. I inscribed the DVD with a picture of Dawson's feet, so I have to wait until I can do that again. I had to borrow a friend's computer in order to do it. Maybe sometime this week. I hope to make one for his 1st birthday that includes birth to 1 year. We also got a video camera, so the videos have a better quality now! I also had to get a tripod. Dawson figured out what the video camera was and just started watching it and ceased whatever he was doing. Boy they learn early, don't they?
Aside from my fading sunburn, things are great. I'm looking forward to this weekend. We are attending EWP's Family Day in Alexandria and a birthday party on Saturday if we can make it.
I hope all of you have a blessed week!
Love you!
Lori
10:19 AM
|
Labels:
5 Months
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment