2/8/11 Two Month Triumphs

I apologize for not posting on here more regularly. Our little man is growing so fast! He is such a happy baby, and thankfully wakes up in a good mood everyday. I have to admit that he seems like he's a momma's boy. I love snuggling with him and rocking him. I have successfully implemented a bedtime that he approves of, and we have our bedtime routine down to a fine art.

At two months old Dawson's favorite thing is bath time. He is becoming more alert by the minute, so now we get to play with his rubber duckies in the bathtub. He splashes around and gets so tickled when he gets the water out of his whale shaped bath tub.

He does still have a cold that seems like it's starting to improve. I am very thankful for that!

Dawson enjoys riding and moving. He isn't really interested in his swing too much these days. He's decided to graduate to bouncing. He can also support himself with his legs now. I think as each day passes he looks more and more like his daddy. I'm hoping he gets my brains. He's been so alert lately that I've started using flashcards and an app on my phone that shows him his body parts, numbers, letters, and animals. I know he's still too young to recognize what they are, but he seems interested in them.

For me, motherhood has been wonderful. Everytime I see my little boy's beautiful eyes and smile when he looks up at me I cannot imagine anyone mistreating a baby. I love my little boy so much. Everything I thought I would be worried about quickly faded. I love the way he needs me. When he's hurting or hungry or just when someone else holds him and he hears my voice. It's simply amazing. I realized today that I dedicate a lot of time to Dawson and his needs, and the thing is it doesn't bother me in the least. Many people have asked me about how being a parent has changed me. The interesting thing is that when you make the conscious decision to turn your life over to the mercy of a child the rewards are uncomparable to anything else imaginable. My advice...be ready. Give your children the time and effort they deserve. Give them the best chance in life. You only have one shot, so you better do your best to get it right the first time. I know that all parents make mistakes, but it's always the things you didn't do that children seem to remember the most.

My goal as a parent is to try to do as much as humanly possible to support Dawson and to show him the meaning of unconditional love. My parents set a high bar for me, and I'm thankful for that. It only means that I can't be lazy.

For now, things are just peachy. I am adjusting to going back to work, and although it isn't easy I do enjoy my time with Dawson everyday.

I was looking back on the past five years of my life today, and I thought...wow did I ever really see this coming? God did. I just followed his guidance. I can only say I'm excited to see where he will lead me in the next years.

Have a great week guys.

Love,

Lori

1 comments:

Dara M. said...

you are sooo sweet!thanks for sharing all this info. I love to hear how you, dawson and david are doing.

Post a Comment

Followers