1/1/2011 Happy New Year!

Good evening, all.

I apologize for not writing sooner, but Dawson and I came down with a stomach virus. It was definately the most sick I've ever been in my life! I'm not sure if it was due to the virus or because my immune system was still recovering from having Dawson, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Thankfully, we are both over it now.

Dawson has been growing like a weed. In the beginning I was sort of alarmed that he was gaining weight so quickly. I consulted his pediatrician, and she was excited about his growth. For now, I'll leave my worries alone. We had to start giving him cereal already since Dawson has such a big appetite. The only problem with giving him cereal is that now he has a problem with gas. It's been difficult to try to find the thing that works best for him. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears! I've got infant gas drops and gripe water. One of them works at different times, but I'm not sure what the magic trick is just yet.

I will admit I'm having reservations about taking him to daycare when I return to work. I wish I could be a stay at home mother, but unfortuntately it's just not possible. When David gets done with school, maybe then! I'll be ready for baby number two then, also! I know everything will work out, but I love spending time with Dawson. To see his little eyes light up when I sing to him or read to him...there just isn't anything better than that.

He goes to the doctor for his shots on January 20. I return to work on the 24th. I'm going to try not to cry, but I love my little man so much. I'm glad his daycare is going to be right across the road from where I work.

Wish me luck... I think I'm going to need it.

Happy New Year!! FYI: my resolution is simply to get in better shape. I think when Dawson gets mobile I'm going to need all the energy I can find. I also do not want to go through another pregnancy overweight. Mine wasn't bad by any means, but the recovery probably would have been MUCH easier without the added weight. I can't complain too much, I've already lost all my Dawson weight and then some! Mission accomplished. Now if I can only get into my "skinny" jeans before I return to work, I'll be elated!

Love you all,

Lori

1 comments:

Dara M. said...

aww, I am so glad that you are feeling better. I hate stomach bugs, they are just absolutely the worst things ever. It is wonderful to hear you lost your baby weight even though I am sure you would have rather lost it any other way. I know it will be hard to leave Dawson to go back to work, but just think how you are providing for him and like you said one day you will be able to stay at home with him in the future. We can't wait to meet him!

Post a Comment

Followers