35 Weeks!
Dawson's weekly update:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though he won't get much longer, he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (He's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) His hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and his testes have probably completed their descent.
He's growing! Last week we went to see Dr. Kinder, and he was amazed at Dawson's rate of growth. He said that Dawson was not going to be a "little" boy. I laughed, and admitted that David was over 9 pounds, so I did not expect for Dawson to be a small baby. I haven't started packing our bags, but I do need to start picking outfits for him. I still can't believe that it's possible sometime this month our little boy will be here. I honestly cannot wait. I have lots to do before he gets here, but if I don't get it all done it's not a big deal. My main worry is finishing my papers for school. I'm planning on jumping on that this weekend.
I'll keep you guys updated. We go to visit Dr. Kinder next Wednesday. He's going to start checking my cervix, which means we will then be seeing him on a weekly basis! I'm starting to move a bit slower, and my energy is zapped but we are doing well. No complaints from me! I know we are truly blessed, and I thank God daily for walking with me through this journey and looking after Dawson.
Have a great week!
Lori
2:39 PM
|
Labels:
35 Weeks
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment