Week 30 - 10 Weeks left!
Dawson's weekly update:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
This past week we have made huge progress with the nursery. We got the flooring put in, and the crib is now assembled! We have to put in new base boards, a ceiling fan, and I have to hang Dawson's letters and his room will be finished! :-)
It's hard for me to believe that in about 10 weeks our little boy will be here. It's been a fun experience, and it's something I'm not sure how to explain. The idea of creating another human is spectaular in itself, but to experience all of the milestones and growth is something completely different. Even though Dawson isn't here yet I am able to experience parts of his little personality. Sometimes he gets restless, he enjoys going to bed early (this requires Mommy getting into bed so he can get comfortable and go to sleep), sometimes he just wants me to rub on my belly. It's really cute. He is still playing with his Daddy, and not showing him so much attention but every now and again David is able to feel him kick or move.
I know that during labor a hormone or chemical is released that urges a woman to gain her motherly instinct and bond with her child, but just thinking about seeing his little face and holding him brings me to tears already. I love him so much, and we haven't formally met, yet. There are so many things I never thought about until becoming pregnant. I'm so scared that I may not expose him to the right things, or that maybe he will be exposed to too many of the wrong things. I pray that God gives me the strength and knowledge to do my best as a parent. I have faith in that, and that's what keeps me sane. :-)
Tomorrow we travel to see Dr. Kinder for our third trimester ultrasound!! I'll try to post pictures of Dawson! As soon as we get the finishing touches done in the nursery, I promise I'll post pictures. :-)
Love you all!
Mrs. S.
9:46 AM
|
Labels:
30 Weeks
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
1 comments:
Yea!!! i cant wait to see you next weekend! Maybe i will get to see Dawson kick!
Post a Comment