Week 27

Dawson's weekly update:

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

I haven't felt any hiccups yet, but he's definately active! David and I went to Canton, Texas on Sunday, and it was A LOT of walking. I don't think Dawson was used to that much walking all in one day. I rested quite a bit yesterday. We did find a cute "man-friendly" diaper bag. I was hoping to find a cute "fashionable" one, too. If you guys have any pointers on what to look for in a diaper bag, that would be nice, too. I am planning on getting a smaller one just for short outtings or visiting family, etc.

I can't believe it is September already! The planning is underway for the baby shower, and I couldn't be more excited. David and I will have Dawson's room completed and ready to move his things in by the time of the baby showers. As of right now there are 2-3 scheduled. One with my family, one with his family, and one for/at work. It amazes me how much research I've had to do on selecting items for Dawson. Things are very technical these days. Some items change into 4 different things, colors vary, and weight limits... I definately involved David in the selection process. He was just as amazed as I was. Picking out a high chair and stroller were a bit more complicated than I thought! Luckily, we got through all of that.

We are currently reading up on the latest information about babies and toddlers through the subscription Dara & Matt got for us. Thank you sooo much! There is a lot os useful information in those things. I read an article on how to make homemade baby food. I may try my hand at it if I have enough time in my life at that point. I think it would be fun.

I'll update you guys on my glucose testing after tomorrow. I have been exercising, watching my sugar and caffine intake, plus praying, A LOT. I am confident whatever is necessary to help our little boy grow into a healthy baby is what I will do. It's amazing the sacrifices I am willing to make for Dawson, but before him being on a strict diet was something I was simply incapable of due to lack of motivation. I have promised myself once Dawson arrives, I am going to jump start my getting in shape routine. I am tired of seeing this goal on my list each and every year. With his help and God's guidance I know I can FINALLY get this done. I'm going to need all the energy I can get!!

I love you all.

God Bless,

Mrs. S.

1 comments:

Dean Family said...

Get a vinyl type diaper bag for the everyday day care bag or going out and about that is WIPEABLE. You'll be amazed how many times you'll have wet/nasty baby clothes, nasty burp rags and/or bottle spillage. Just a tip since you asked. Hope you and baby Dawson are doing well and had a good glucose appt.

Post a Comment

Followers