Hello Third Trimester!
Dawson's weekly update:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can open and close his eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before he's batting those beauties at you.
I had my glucose test last week. I haven't gotten the results yet, but I'm pretty sure when we went to the hospital to have it done I caught a virus. We had to go to to the hosipital because the Lab tech at Dr. Kinder's office got fired the morning I came in for my test! :-( On Friday I noticed my throat was sore, and by Saturday I couldn't talk. Sunday I went to the hospital due to urgings of my Aunt Sonya (RN). She wanted to make sure I didn't have strep throat. I've never had it before, but my symptoms matched. The only way to check for it is to have a swab test done. So we went, and the test came back negative. I was relieved because strep can cause fever, among other things not good for a pregnant woman. The doctor told us that if someone gets strep and it goes untreated it can show up in your kidneys months later. Your kidneys stop processing protein, and then you end up with blood in your urine! Ouch! Who knew a sore throat could be so serious? It turns out my illness is just a virus, and as of today I still can't talk. Dr. Gallagher informed me it could take 3-7 days to go away. There isn't really anything I can take for it, so I've been eating popsicles, cough drops, and hot water with honey and lemon. Orange juice seems to irritate it, a lot! I hope to get better soon. My poor baby couldn't rest last night because I kept coughing. :-(
On another note, the date is set for the "Montang" baby shower. It's going to be at the fellowship hall at Oak Hill Baptist Church on October 9 from 2-4 p.m. Our registeries are online at Wal-Mart, Target, and Babys-R-Us. We are registered in store at Nichols. I am getting more and more excited as time goes by.
I hope all of you have a great week. My goal is to get back on track with healthy eating. I kind of fell off the wagon. Last night dinner was all about vegetables, though!
Love you all,
Lori S.
10:22 AM
|
Labels:
28 Weeks
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment