Our Secret
19 Weeks!
Taddy’s Weekly Update:
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The hair on its scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that the baby may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, taking to the baby, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. (And I have started singing to the baby... maybe since there is a buffer I won't hurt its ears!!)
Last week David and I traveled to see Dr. Kinder, and we got wonderful news! We were able to find out the gender of the baby, and we are tickled! It has been hard keeping this vital secret from all of our friends and family, but it will all be worth it on Saturday! We have been tested, believe me! Between our family and friends, I think David and I are getting good practice at this. All of the decorations are coming along nicely, and the food preparations have been taken care of. David and I are going to prepare the cupcakes, and take care of some minor details but that should be it.
I’ll be happy to acknowledge our child by its true name in next week’s post!!!
This is David’s last week of summer school. He has been doing so well! I’m very proud of him. He is making a great effort. I’m sure he will be relieved when his summer courses are over. They are very demanding due to the short amount of time they take to absorb all of the material. Once he is through with school we are going to start re-vamping the nursery. We are going to replace the carpet in that room, paint it, and then we get to put together the furniture! We hope to have all of this done before David starts back to school in the Fall semester.
I’ll be glad when we get all of these little home projects finished!
Until Saturday, my lips are still sealed. See you guys then!!
Love,
Mrs. S.
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
1 comments:
YEA!!! i am so excited y'all were able to find out the sex of the baby. Tell David good luck for his last week. Be sure to not get paint on your new carpet ;) I cant wait to see pictures of the nursery when y'all are done. I can't wait to see y'all this wknd!
Post a Comment