Halfway There!
Here is Dawson’s weekly update:
You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
Last week we had the baby reveal party, and I would like to personally thank everyone who was able to attend! I was scared there was going to be an overwhelming number of people there, but I’m glad I was able to spend some quality time with my friends and family. I had not seen some of them in quite some time! I really enjoyed the company, and the celebration of the newest member of our family, Mr. Dawson Lance! Dawson will have the same initials as his father and grandfather. David and I were looking through a name book, under the D section when I saw the name Dawson. I asked David his thoughts, and then read what Dawson meant. I was in shock! I think God was giving us a sign, or sending us a message. Dawson means “David’s son.” It’s a very fitting name.
Now we are working on getting the nursery re-done and painted before we assemble the crib and move in the baby items! It’s becoming a challenge because we are already receiving gifts and clothing. I recently received more Tech baby items, and couldn’t be more excited. I’ll be happy to dress little Dawson in clothing that sports my favorite university!
Even now that I’m half way to the birth of my first child I still have to remind myself that I’m pregnant. It’s not that I forget, it’s just that it still feels new to me. This is an experience that is very hard to explain. Even before you technically gain the title of a mother you learn to act like one. I don’t get on ladders or step stools for fear of falling and hurting Dawson. I watch what I eat because I know he gets it, too. I rest more so that I do not stress Dawson out. I watch my stress at work to try not to upset him. I consider any medications before I take them. The list goes on and on. Then I think about the beautiful baby boy that will be smiling up at me in December, and my heart melts. It brings me to tears every time. I think this is one of the single most joyful times in my life. We have truly been blessed.
David and I are both so excited, and completely ready to turn our lives over to this little person. We understand being parents is hard work, but it’s more rewarding than anything else in the world. To have a little person run up to you and wrap their arms around your neck knowing that no matter what you are going to do your best to care for them is something you just can’t find anywhere else. I remember those feelings towards my own parents when I was a little girl. I only hope I can be half as successful as a parent as mine are.
I hope all of you have a wonderful week, it’s going to be another two weeks before we can see/hear little Dawson again. He’s definitely becoming a lot more active!!!
God Bless,
Mrs. S
4:19 PM
|
Labels:
20 weeks,
Halfway,
Reveal of Name
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment