12/11/10 Dawson has Arrived!
12/11/10 Dawson has Arrived!
As most of you know, Dawson Lance Sepulvado was born on 11/22/10 at 12:50 p.m. Dawson weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces. He was 21 inches long! Dawson arrived happy and healthy, well he may have been slightly unhappy in the beginning of his arrival, but he quickly recovered when the nurses clothed him. We learned VERY quickly that he prefers to have clothes on, and doesn’t particularly like diaper changes. He seems to tolerate them better when Momma gives him his pacifier while changing him.
Although he may only be 19 days old, he’s learning more and more every day. We have read him his first book of prayers and my favorite book from my childhood, The Pokey Little Puppy. Dawson has learned to try to put his hands on his bottles in efforts to prevent Mommy or Daddy from taking it from him when it’s time to burp. He started smiling before we left the hospital. I know that this seems really random, it’s just that I’m not sure where to start or begin. I always imagined what motherhood would hold for me, and now that I’m experiencing it I’m just not sure how to put it into words.
A friend of mine described motherhood as love at first sight. It’s that, but it’s soo much more than that. I can only tell you that I am so thankful for the wonderful gift God has blessed us with. I may be partial, but I think Dawson is simply adorable. He surprises me each and every day. I wake up for his nightly feedings, and even though I’m almost exhausted my heart leaps when he smiles. I know it’s only going to get better from here, but when he smiles all of my worries disappear.
I also have to say that I’ve never seen a better father than David. He simply amazes me. The way he cares for Dawson, and tells him that he loves him each and every night makes my heart melt. The down side to this is that David is already discussing more babies! I know that we plan to have more one day, but I would prefer that Dawson were potty trained first!
I plan to keep all of you updated on Dawson’s growing progress. So far, his check up at the pediatrician’s office went really well. He gained an ounce! We go back for another check up on Thursday. I’ll let you guys know how it goes. We are also having Dawson’s pictures made for his birth announcement. Look for it in the mail, soon!
Merry Christmas & God Bless!
Love,
The Sepulvado Family
10:23 PM
|
Labels:
19 Days old
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
4 comments:
I want one :)
Yea!!! i cant wait to see his birth announcement. He is such a lucky little boy to have you two as parents. I can't wait for when I finally get to meet him!
I've narrowed them down. We are having his pictures taken on Thursday. Thank you for the sweet compliment! He can't wait to meet you, too! Things have been so busy lately I haven't had time to arrange for more visiting with Dawson. I hope to get things together, soon!
Mere, I think you should have another one! :-) I know how expensive babies can be, but one way or another things work out. We are planning on having another one when Dawson gets potty trained and after David graduates college.
Post a Comment