33 Weeks - 45 Days to go! 10/17/2010

Dawson's weekly update:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

My weekly update:

You are one hot mama -- literally. A 20 percent metabolic rate increase throughout pregnancy can leave you begging for a cool breeze no matter what the weather is like. Distract yourself with an exercise in blind identification. Try to distinguish between baby's feet, fists, knees, and elbows -- all doing some major pushing and nudging inside of you.


This past weekend David and I attended Louisiana Tech's homecoming. We had such a great time! I enjoyed getting to spend time with friends. I wished we could have had more time, but I am thankful for the interactions we had.

Yesterday, my co-workers gave me a baby shower at work. I'm really glad I had a truck instead of my car. All of it would never have fit in Maggie! We received Dawson's bedding, a swing, clothes, bibs, baby mirror, shoes, burp cloths, picture frames, a mattress pad, and many more things. I really enjoyed it because as each person brought me a gift they offered words of wisdom. My regional manager offered words of wisdom for David. Mike said, "Whatever you do, make sure you always give your son a hug, a kiss, and always tell him you love him." I thought that was very heartfelt advice. Luci said, "Whenever possible, rock him and rock him as much as you can. They are only little for a short time." She followed by adding that children are a gift from God, and to thank God daily for providing such a wonderful little person. A few times I teared up, and I tend to do so everytime I think about holding Dawson for the first time.

One more baby shower to go, and our list of things we need/want is growing very short! This Sunday afternoon we will have the baby shower with the Sepulvado side of the family. I will post pictures on facebook once it's done. I'm going to work on the mountain of thank you cards this weekend!

David and I are truely blessed, and thank all of our friends and family for providing all the wonderful gifts for Dawson. He's one very lucky little boy. I'm sure it will not take him long to figure that out.

Take care!

Lori

1 comments:

Dara M. said...

aww. that is so sweet that you tear up when you think of holding him for the first time. It makes me tear up. I am soooo excited for him to come, you and david are going to be such GREAT parents. I can't wait till i can finally meet him!

Post a Comment

Followers