12/11/2011 1 Year 1 Month
Look who's talking now! Your 1-year-old is working hard on being able to tell you what's going on in his busy brain. Try these strategies to help his vocabulary grow: When you change his diaper or dress him, talk about the parts of his body. Look at picture books together and ask him to point to or name familiar objects. Teach him about textures by letting him touch an apple ("smooth"), avocado ("bumpy"), or kiwifruit ("fuzzy").
Boy oh boy is he learning! Yesterday he said, "Yes, mam," for the first time! I asked him if he wanted to go outside. I think he would probably do just about anything to go outside! He loves playing with his puppy and toddling around the yard. We always bring his little tractor outside for him to ride on, but he always finds himself exploring and checking things out.
His favorite things right now are balls, things that stack, climbing, and hiding. He does stop to admire the Christmas tree every now and then, but he hasn't really had any problems with leaving it alone. There is one ornament that I'm afraid will never make it to the tree, but it is Dawson's to play with. It has helped subside his urges to tackle the sparkling, shiny tree, anyway. :-)
Dawson is trying to learn new words, but once he does, good luck getting him to repeat them! The only time he will is if it will help to communicate something he wants. He is still a sweet little boy. He enjoys playing with others, young and old. He gets tickled now when he sees David and I hug and kiss, then he wants hugs and kisses. He's too funny. So David and I tackle him and love all over him and he giggles. Kids are the best.
Dawson is getting smarter by the day. When I correct him, usually when he's getting into something he shouldn't, he does it in a different way as to not get in trouble. I told him not to climb into the bathtub the other morning while I was getting ready, and I could tell he wasn't happy with my request. He "accidently" dropped his sippy cup in the bathtub and turned around and said, "Ut oh." What he didn't know was that I was watching him the whole time. I laughed, grabbed his cup, and took him off to play. He is really creative for a 1 year old. I've got to step up my game!!
He's tons of fun, and keeps us going at all times. If you try to sleep around Dawson he considers it a mission to wake you up. He tries all sorts of tactics like sitting on your head, sticking his finger in your nose, tapping your head, pulling your ear, and in the case that you have long hair, well pull he will!! We are good sports about it because he doesn't do it in a rough manner. He's always so happy when he wakes up in the morning, and he usually doesn't have any problems going to sleep.
He's just growing up way too fast!
I hope all of you have a wonderful Monday!!! I'm planning on going home to bake my husband a chocolate bundt cake with chocolate satin icing. It is devine!!!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Lori
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment