8/2/11 8 Months Week 2
Good morning!
Here is Dawson's weekly update:
... And they're off! The stages of crawling usually go something like this: from a sitting position to all fours, to rocking back and forth, to finally pushing off with the knees -- and then starting to move forward (or back). But there are plenty of variations on this progression. Many babies never crawl. Others develop a crawling style that looks more like soldiers bellying through the underbrush or monkeys poised on fingertips and tiptoes.
Dawson crawled for the first time on July 23, 2011. David and I were visiting Aunt Marsha. Bless her heart, she was going through a hard time since her house burned down the Monday before. David and I went over to take her some clothes and personal items. When we arrived at Mr. Dan's Dawson was trying to explore and check everything out. I put him down on the rug in the living room, and he took off! He had a slow start, and he kept wanting to pick up his leg and straighten it out but after a few minutes he seemed to master the concept. The next time we visited Mom and Dad the pulled out the cameras and there were flashes everywhere! :-) We do have some of it on video. Our little man is growing up so fast!! He's trying to learn how to walk now. He likes it much better than crawling.
David and I have some exciting news, and no we're NOT pregnant. We are attempting our first 5k next weekend. I'm really looking forward to it! I've always wanted to participate in one, but never really was brave enough. I've been going through some training, but I don't anticipate I'll run this one.
Aside from that, I am back on track with my goal for this year, and have successfully lost another pants size!!! I know all of you women out there completely understand how much of an accomplishment this is! I can't tell you how excited I am to start seeing progress again. That plateau nearly did me in. Luckily, this time I perservered through it, and now I'm making headway again. It's been a long difficult journey, but I'm in it for the long run. I don't have too much further to go to achieve my healthy weight range, and I'm HOPING to get there by Dawson's first birthday. If I don't make it by then, I'll certainly be there by the end of the year. I got this!
I'm trying to get my mind ready for school. I'm taking stats this semester, and I really don't like it at all. Please pray for me. I'm going to need it.
I hope all of you have a fabulous day!
God Bless!
Lori
7:15 AM
|
Labels:
8 Months
|
Followers
- 1 year
- 12
- 13 weeks
- 14 weeks
- 15
- 16 weeks
- 19 Days old
- 19 weeks
- 20 weeks
- 24 Weeks
- 28 Weeks
- 29 Weeks
- 30 Weeks
- 31 Weeks
- 32 Weeks
- 33 Weeks
- 34 Weeks
- 35 Weeks
- 36 Weeks
- 37 Weeks
- 4 Months
- 5 Months
- 5 weeks
- 6 Months
- 7 Months
- 8 Months
- 9 Months
- Big Reveal Party
- Christmas
- Dawson says Mama
- Development
- Duke
- God
- Halfway
- January 2012
- New Year
- Parties
- Party Directions
- Reveal of Name
- Second Trimester
- Secret
- Taddy Picture
- Talking
- Thank you
- Three Months
- Two Months
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 21
- Week 22
- Week 23
- Week 25
- Week 26
- week 27
0 comments:
Post a Comment